Thank you for your interest in Pearson's Order and Shipment Information System ("OASIS"). OASIS is the order verification/tracking and order placement service Pearson provides its customers to permit follow-up on the status of their orders and to order our products. It is accessible through the ID and Personal Identification Number ("PIN") assigned by Pearson. OASIS contains pricing, ordering, shipping, product and other account information that is confidential between your business/institution and Pearson. It also provides links to third party sites (for which Pearson has no responsibility) of the shipping companies that may be providing service in connection with your business'/institution's orders.
Unless otherwise indicated, OASIS and its contents are the property of Pearson, and/or its subsidiaries, affiliates, or assigns. OASIS and its contents are protected, without limitation, pursuant to copyright and trademark laws. By accessing OASIS, you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree, you have no right or license to access OASIS and you should not do so.
Before accessing and using this service, your business/institution must agree to the following Terms and Conditions on behalf of all the employees of your business/institution (collectively, the "Users") to whom you provide your account's user ID and PIN.
1. You are authorized to download the material on this website for your use only. In doing so, you may not remove or in any way alter any trademark, copyright, or other proprietary notice. Except as allowed in the preceding sentence, you may not modify, copy, distribute, republish, commercially exploit, or upload any of the material on OASIS without the prior written consent of Pearson. No intellectual property or other rights in and to OASIS, other than the limited right to use set forth above, are transferred to you.
2. OASIS may be used for order tracking/verification and order placement, and Pearson makes no representation or warranty about the accuracy or reliability of the information provided on this site or any third-party site to which it may be linked. Any information provided via this service in no way alters, modifies, or supersedes any invoice or other agreement between your business/institution and Pearson.
3. In order to use OASIS, you must obtain access to the World Wide Web, either directly or through devices that access web-based content, and pay any service fees associated with such access. In addition, you must: i) provide all equipment necessary to make such connection to the World Wide Web, including a computer, modem or other access devices; and ii) provide any necessary software and comply with any data structure requirements to access or otherwise interface with OASIS as may be indicated by Pearson.
4. Your business/institution acknowledges and agrees that it is responsible for protecting and safeguarding its ID and PIN from any unauthorized use, and you agree to maintain the confidentiality of that information. In addition, should any of your employees with access to OASIS leave your business/institution, you will be responsible for changing your PIN if you believe such a step is warranted. Pearson is not responsible for any liability arising from any unauthorized use of this service (including without limitation from your business'/institution's or from any User's failure to safeguard an ID or PIN from unauthorized use, or from a former employee's use of a PIN your business/institution has not changed to obtain access to your business'/institution's account information contained on OASIS) and/or for any breach of the above confidentiality obligations. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your ID or PIN.
5. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy and completeness of all information, opinions and other material on OASIS. In connection with placing an order for our products on OASIS, you acknowledge that price information is subject to change without notice. In addition, prices for products may be subject to contracts you may have with Pearson that may not be reflected on OASIS or at the then current net price. If you add products when creating a purchase order that have not gone through the OASIS pricing routine then your contract price, if applicable, will apply to such products or if you do not have a contract or contract terms do not apply to such product then the current net price will be applied. Product availability may vary by product. You assume total responsibility for establishing such procedures for data back up and virus checking as you consider necessary.
6. This service has e-mail messaging capabilities. You hereby represent and warrant that your employees are authorized to send e-mail messages and that such messages shall not infringe any proprietary or other rights of third parties or contain any otherwise unlawful information.
7. Your PIN and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions provides the Users with authorization to enter only your business'/institution's account on OASIS and no other account or Pearson site, and Users may not use the PIN to gain access to any other OASIS account or Pearson site. You agree to notify Pearson immediately if your business/institution becomes aware that your PIN allows access to any account other than your own so that Pearson may take steps to correct the error.
8. In consideration of your use of OASIS, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate and current information about yourself, and/or the persons you designate to use OASIS, and (b) maintain and promptly update this information to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, incomplete, or misrepresentative, or Pearson has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current, incomplete, or misrepresentative, Pearson has the right to suspend or terminate your access and refuse any and all current or future use of OASIS. As a condition of your use of OASIS, you warrant that you will not use OASIS for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. You agree not to use OASIS in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair OASIS or interfere with any other party's use and access to OASIS. You agree not to obtain or attempt to obtain through OASIS any materials or information not intentionally made available to you through OASIS.
9. OASIS IS PROVIDED BY PEARSON ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF OASIS IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. PEARSON MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THIS SERVICE, OR ANY SITE WITH WHICH IT IS LINKED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE, MERCHANTABILITY, OR ANY IMPLIED OR OTHER WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF A COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, DEALING, OR TRADE USAGE. IN ADDITION, PEARSON MAKES NO REPRESENTATION THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT ANY OR ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED VIA THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE. PEARSON SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE FOR ACTUAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ANY LOSS OF REVENUE, PROFITS OR DATA, OR ANY OTHER LIABILITY ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR BUSINESS'/INSTITUTION'S OR ANY USER'S USE OF THIS SERVICE, EVEN IF PEARSON HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY E-MAIL TO/FROM YOUR BUSINESS OR ANY USER'S BREACH OF CONFIRDENTIALITY, OR YOUR BUSINESS'/INSTITUTION'S FAILURE TO SAFEGUARD USE OF THE PIN. PEARSON DOES NOT WARRANT THAT OASIS, ITS SERVERS, OR E-MAIL SENT FROM PEARSON ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
10. The content and software on OASIS are proprietary property of Pearson, and/or its licensors and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. You agree not to display, disparage, dilute, or taint our trademarks or use any confusing similar marks or use our trademarks in such a way that would misrepresent the ownership of such mark. Copying, redistribution, or publication of any part of OASIS is prohibited.
11. We may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this posting. Please check these terms periodically for revisions. Revisions become effective when posted, and your continued use of OASIS following the posting of revisions to these Terms and Conditions will indicate your acceptance of these revisions. We reserve the right at any time, and from time to time, to modify OASIS, or any part thereof. We further reserve the right to terminate your user identification or PIN, or any part thereof, or your use of OASIS if we believe that you have violated or acted inconsistently with these Terms and Conditions. You represent and warrant that you have full authority to enter into these Terms and Conditions and to bind your business/institution to them, and that your business/institution accepts and agrees to each and every one of these Terms and Conditions.
12. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Pearson, govern your use of OASIS, and supercede any prior agreements between you and Pearson concerning use of OASIS. These Terms and Conditions and the relationship between you and Pearson will be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and Pearson agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the County of New York, New York. The failure of Pearson to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions remain in full force and effect.